Make a difference through education
Connecting Kids to Christ (CKC) Tutoring is a one-on-one tutoring program that builds a foundation of success on Jesus Christ and academic progress.
- Includes prayer and Superbook, a cartoon format of bible accounts and lessons for kids. It is a production of CBN with their team of artists that have credits in the making of Mulan, Lion King, and Beauty and the Beast complete with the latest CGI technology.
- IXL interactive online learning is the core component. It is a vehicle for grade-level skill sets from Pre-K to 8th Grade Calculus. IXL is aligned with Michigan Benchmarks and Standards for learning expectations.
- IXL uses test-taking strategies and vocabulary so the student can unlock questions on a standardized test and be able to answer with understanding.
- IXL constantly updates student progress, prints out Certificates of Achievement awards, reports, and grade level placement. It also directs the tutor to diagnosed recommendations for the next lessons in all subjects.
- Storyline Online is also used and is a read-aloud of award-winning children’s books according to grade level from K-4th grade.
- Newsela is also used for grades 4-8, which are high-interest news and informational stories especially for students at their grade level.
- Tutors must commit to one school year of tutoring.
- All tutors will be trained by CKC staff in Microsoft Teams, IXL, and the other programs in the CKC curriculum.
- Scheduling for the free training will be done after clearance for admittance as a tutor.
- Most tutoring sessions will be conducted after school hours. The student and tutor make their own mutually convenient time for tutoring. Classes should only run for 1 hour each session since the children will already be in school or online during the day. One tutoring session per week is a minimum.
Our tutoring program is something that sets us apart from other organizations. We now also offer virtual tutoring.
The tutors have made a huge impact in the lives of the children in the program.